- As often cited, an open-style hook is dependent upon tension. The slightest vehicle compression or roll and the strap is rendered useless.
- Excess webbing could drag, get caught or cause vehicle damage.
- The plastic wheel chock is not affixed to the trailer deck and could end up on the interstate.
- The proximity of the ratchet handle to the trailer bar could cause an issue when trying to open the handle to loosen the webbing.
- We’re stumped why the 1-inch strap is across the hood. Unless the hood latch is broken. We do know the ratchet is not improving the paint job.
The Mac’s Ultra Pack is our best-selling and most versatile vehicle tie-down strap pack. Since this trailer deck does not have proper deck hardware, add Chain Extensions to route through the stake pockets. A second option would be the Mac’s Cinch Pack. It’s 18″ drawn-down makes it the perfect fit for tight point-to-point distances like in the tie-down violation above.
Add Chain Extensions to your Ultra Pack order and save $30 versus buying them individually. Simply choose “Direct Hook with Chain Extension” before adding to your cart.